A Groom With A View


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A man's look at Holy Matrimony

I'm Vince Sullivan, a 25-year-old guy from Delco who works as an editor at the NEWS of Delaware County. And I'm getting married.
This isn't a new development, but my journalism training prevents me from doing anything ahead of time. My big day is a short 30 days away, as I'll be tying the knot on July 24, 2010.
The reason I'm telling you all of this is because I've been pretty frustrated over the course of my engagement, which began in September 2008. You see, every advice column, How To book and checklist that I've read is made by women and for women. Now it's time for those of us with Y chromosomes to have a voice in the mayhem that is nuptial bliss. For too long, those of the fairer sex have had a stranglehold on matrimonial etiquette and decision-making practices. I will try and speak up for those oppressed by the musings of bridal magazine editors and Anne Landers-esque advisers.
That is not to say that this journal is for the eyes of men only. Readers of all ages, genders and levels of happiness are welcome to view and respond to my observations and opinions.
I implore all who so desire to submit their questions regarding weddings, planning, courtship, relationships, love and whatever else comes to mind in the realm of marriage. Send them to me at sullivan315@gmail.com and I will answer them on this very page. I will give answers that make sense to me, and compare them to the usual sources of information that many folks turn to as their impending nuptials draw near. I hope you'll like what you read.

Countown to D-Day: 30 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aldan, PA, United States

I'm a journalist working for the NEWS of Delaware County. I am also getting married soon, and want to give a man's view to the world at large.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]